Welcome to Oz mum & dad!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
February 15th 2008
Published: June 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We spent quite a bit of time in the cosmopolitan city of Melbourne waiting for sara's mum and dad to join us.

We were lucky enough to spend Australia day there with lots of small parties taking place throughout the city. We ended the day watching bands perform at Federation square with a fantastic firework show.

Jason got tickets for Australia vs Qatar football which we watched at the impressive Telstra Dome. It was an exciting game which Australia won 3-0, so there was plenty of partying after the game.

We spent most of our time at the laid back, beach bumming st. Kilda where there was a st. Kilda Festival where the whole street was closed off and they had motorbike stunts, wakeboarding and lots of bands on different stages.

We were counting down the days till mum and dad would be joining us and made a huge plackard to welcome them to Oz at the airport after their ridiculously long flight! Was great to see them after 6 months away from home.

We had booked a lovely luxurious apartment to help mum and dad recover from their jet lag, and of course would have been rude to leave them all alone!!! and was sooooooo good not staying in grubby hostels!!

When mum and dad joined us we visited the Aquarium where we got to see some huge sharks, turtles, Manta rays, baby croc's, sea horses e.t.c. We sampled far too many cakes from the hundreds of cake shops in St. Kilda and managed to drag mum up the Rialto Towers which is 253m above the city and on the 87th floor observation deck you get 360 degree views of the city. It took 37seconds to get up there in the fastest lift in the world! Well done mum!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.055s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb