A few more days in Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
April 25th 2008
Published: May 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

The next few days in Melbourne were spent doing some more exploring, and with Friday being Anzac Day, Tarra was off work so I wasn't wandering the streets on my own anymore. I spend another couple days checking out sights within the downtown area of Melbourne, such as The Shrine of Rememberance, botanical gardens, the southbank area which is full of shops, a casino, and a huge amoount of restaurants. Was neat to see on a weekday lunch all the business people out having lunches on the patios, which always seems to include a bottle of wine or 2. Just part of the culture! Tarra and I went and checked out St. Kilda, which is a beach area about 15 minutes from the city. It was pretty cloudy that day, but still warm. Again there were a tonne of restaurants, bars and coffee shops to be tempted by. You could easily spend a lot of money in Melbourne, and leave 10lbs heavier! The coffee culture here is alot more apparent than in other parts of Australia.

Brett made it back from working in Dubbo on Saturday night, and weird how it seems as soon as he rolls into town, the 23 degree sunny weather changes to rain and 16 degrees! Not sure about that, but really good to see him again after being away a month. Next stop; Great Ocean Road.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

The beach houses at BrightonThe beach houses at Brighton
The beach houses at Brighton

Not sure how you get to own of these, I assume they are passed down through generations as they have been around for decades, but would be pretty neat to have one.
Some more of the beach houses.Some more of the beach houses.
Some more of the beach houses.

They are all painted differently and really bright and colorful...even on this grey day!
Me at the top. Me at the top.
Me at the top.

Bit hard to take your own photo when you are by yourself, but had to prove to my Dad that I went to a War Memorial all on my own!
Mmmm, fresh pasta on the famous Lygon St.Mmmm, fresh pasta on the famous Lygon St.
Mmmm, fresh pasta on the famous Lygon St.

Even beetroot pasta, only in Oz!


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb