A footy match, some video games and some more coffee


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
April 20th 2008
Published: April 20th 2008
Edit Blog Post

My first Aussie Rules Football match.My first Aussie Rules Football match.My first Aussie Rules Football match.

Essendon vs. St Kilda at the Telstra dome with almost 47,000 people in attendance.
Well another week has gone by and I am still sleeping on the air mattress next to TP's bed, while Brett is away working. He should be done in another week so will be good to see him again after almost a month!

The weather has been really nice the last while in Melbourne, especially for Autumn. It's been sunny almost every day and lower 20's up to mid 20's so can't really complain about that. I have been doing some more exploring of the city while Tarra is working, and meeting up with her after work. She is getting quite used to me picking her up at school, and doing her laundry and making dinner, so might be a bit hard for her to adjust when I leave! I figured I have to earn my keep somehow.

Other than walking around, and checking out some of the cool laneways with cafes and restaurants and shops, I've been to couple more musuems, went to my first Aussie Rules Football game with Tarra's roomate Nelby, went to Torquay again on the weekend, and went to a cool exhibit on the history of the video game. It was a great exhibit where they had games from way back in the day, to present day games, and you could actually play them all. They had all the old game consoles and computers, (even the Commodore 64), sketches and development boards for some of the games, and a LOT of nerds walking around. It was really cool. We will definately go back when Brett gets here.

It's been nice to be in Melbourne for this long (other than not having Brett here), and get a chance to check things out, where if we came only for a couple days, you would definately run out of time because there is so much to see, and it has been great hanging out with TP and her roomates. Once Brett gets here we will probably hang out for a few more days so Brett can check out a few things before we hit the road again, then make our way back up towards Sydney.


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Game On exhibit at the Australian Centre for Moving Image.Game On exhibit at the Australian Centre for Moving Image.
Game On exhibit at the Australian Centre for Moving Image.

We easily spent a few hours there playing all the good oldies - Pacman, Frogger, DigDug, Centipede, etc.
IKEA Hot Dogs!IKEA Hot Dogs!
IKEA Hot Dogs!

Although they looked very pink, almost like Mexican hot dogs and we were a bit skeptical, they didn't let us down. This Ikea was in an area of Melbourne called Richmond, and over the loudspeaker came "Welcome to IKEA Richmond", which we had to do a double take and realize where we were.


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb