A long lazy weekend


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
April 22nd 2008
Published: June 15th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Day 360 (21.3.08)

The start of the four day weekend for easter and Mark got up early and drove Tiana and Ash over to the airport. After a bit of a palaver getting back to the flat with various roads closed over the long weekend Mark eventually got back to jump back into bed and take advantage of the bank holiday lie in.

We spent the rest of the day getting the van ready for selling, writing some of the blog and relaxing for the afternoon.

We had planned to go over to see Marita in the evening, we had all been really busy and had scheduled in the evening weeks before. After getting ready we went over to Marita’s place in Brunswick, North Melbourne. With a little trouble from the trams which had been changed due to the same road works which had screwed Mark before, we arrived a little late to a lovely welcome from Marita and an incredibly enthusiastic hello from her gorgeous dog Shatsi.

As we had a pre-dinner glass of wine we met Marita’s friend and after a few more we had a fantastic meal, plenty more wine and chatting until late.
Andres bbq...Andres bbq...Andres bbq...

...a lot of fun
Not realising what the time was we had missed the last tram home and had to get a taxi back to the flat.

Day 361 (22.3.08) and Day 362 (23.03.08)

Another lazy morning. We arose and jumped into the van to go shopping and managed to pick up a load of new t-shirts. The dress code for our work is pretty casual but having lived out of backpacks for nearly a year we didn’t have a huge amount to choose from - this should help!

We caught up with some bits and bobs at the flat before getting ready to go out. Andre, a friend from work, had invited us to his for a barbie.

We caught the train down and arrived at his house to help set up the evening, Rob from work and some of Andre’s friends would also be there. Unfortunately the brand new gas bbq we were planning to cook on didn’t have a gas bottle that fitted, so a quick trip down to the local servo was needed.

As soon as we were back, we started on the beer and goon. It was a great evening where we all got on really well with Andres other mates, ate some amazing food (a pure meat fest) and drank a skin full! It was a fantastic evening and really reminded us of our summer barbies back in Manchester at our house.

The long evening of drinking ended a little early for Mark whose legs got a little wobbly by about 2am. The others managed to push on through until the wee hours eventually calling it a night at around 6am.

Yet again the aftermath of the night before took its toll on Mark and he managed to sleep for most of the following day. This time however, despite her usual lack of a hangover, Chrissie’s late night/early morning had had its effect and she was also sparked out for a good chunk of the day too.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.348s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 43; qc: 149; dbt: 0.2592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.5mb