Stage 27


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
April 5th 2008
Published: April 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Melbourne CBDMelbourne CBDMelbourne CBD

View from the Eyreeka Sky Deck. The highest viewing platform in the southern hemisphere, no less.
Got here three weeks ago and used it as base to see Victoria, my cousin Kerr and his wife Maz very kindly have been putting me up. The city itself is a really cool place, always seems to be loads going on. There's the Australian Open tennis, the F1 Grand prix and most of the Aussie rules teams are based here aswell. I managed to get to a couple of games and St Kilda are my adopted team. It's also very easy to get around and although it's a modern city with an horizon of sky scrapers, it's also got a bit of history, relatively.
There's the Old Melborne Gaol, where Ned Kelly was hanged, to put end that story I was following. And it was as I've learned the first capitol of Australia before Canberra, Sydney has never been the capitol apparently.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The GPThe GP
The GP

Lewis speeds to victory down under!
Aussie rules footballAussie rules football
Aussie rules football

At the Telstra Dome
Aussie rules footballAussie rules football
Aussie rules football

This time at the MCG, I still don't get it though!
Ned Kelly?Ned Kelly?
Ned Kelly?

No, it's me disguise! At the Auld Melbourne Gaol.


15th April 2008

Nice mask!
Nice mask mate! Might be worth holding onto for bungee jumping and microliting!! Is it legal to pilot one of them whilst under the influence?

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0457s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb