Victorian times


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
September 21st 2005
Published: September 22nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Melbourne is currently gripped with the forthcoming AFL final at the famous MCG and there were various activities going on in the city related to the "footy". Luckily we left town before the contestants from Australian Idol were due to perform in Federation Square!

One highlight of our short stay was visiting the Old Melbourne Gaol - a real Victorian prison with tiny cells, creepy death masks of those inmates who were executed in the prison (including the infamous Ned Kelly) and the original gallows and trapdoor...

Our other highlight was going to...wait for it...RAMSAY STREET and seeing ERINSBOROUGH HIGH SCHOOL!! Well, everyone needs good neighbours, don't they. We were "lucky" enough to be on set as they were filming and met some of the stars - Janae, Boyd and Janelle who were all very friendly and signed autographs and posed for photos (despite us not knowing who they were - having not seen the show for more than 10 years). Emma would like everyone to know that it was Tim who begged to go on the tour (with the futile hope of meeting Kylie) but that she really enjoyed it too.

We also rode the historic (and free!) trams, saw the sights (Flinders St. station, the MCG, St. Paul's Cathedral, the Yarra river, Federation Square, Queen Victoria market etc.) and "enjoyed" the abstract art installations in the Australian Centre for the Moving Image...NOT.





Advertisement



Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 63; dbt: 0.0868s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 6; ; mem: 1.1mb