Planning our next holiday!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
September 4th 2007
Published: September 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Today we booked our tickets to Bangkok!

We leave the 6th of January and arrive in Bangkok at 7:40 local time. From there we are intending on staying the night at the airport (and hopefully recovering from our jet lag) and hoping on the 7am flight to Rangoon (Yangon) in Burma (Myanmar).

In Burma/Myanmar we are going to:
- Yangon (Capital City)
- Mandalay (See the Moustache Brothers, climb Mandalay Hill and the Mahamuni Paya (Pagoda/Wat))
- Sagaing Hill, Inwa and Amarapura (Zeids/Wats/Temples)
- Catch the boat from Amarapura to Bagan
- Bagan (Temple Ruins - Archaeological Zone)
- Inle Lake (trekking)

In total we intend on spending 11 days in Burma.

From Burma we will fly back to Bangkok and then straight away up to Chiang Mai for about 3 days to ride elephants and do all that lovely touristy stuff (and get used to having electricity 24/7 again!!).

From Chiang Mai we intend on heading to Huay Xai in Laos (by road)

In Laos we are going to:
- Huay Xai (Gibbon Experience (3 days of trekking/zipping through the jungle))
- Catch the slow boat down the river to Luang Prabang (2 days)
- Luang Prabang (former royal capital - apparently a very nice town to spend a few days)
- Vang Vieng (tubing, white water rafting)
- Vientiane (captial city)

At this stage we are planning to spend 18 days in Laos.

From Laos we are going to fly to Cambodia.

We intend on spending about 7 days in Cambodia just covering the main tourist sites:
- Siem Reap (Angkor Wat)
- Catch the boat from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh
- Phnom Penh (captial city, Khmer Rouge stuff)

From Phnom Penh we will fly to Bangkok for the remaining 3 days to shop and see anything we may have missed on our last trip!

--Can't wait!
Bianca and Scott

Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb