Melbourne - 360!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
February 17th 2007
Published: February 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

A great mealA great mealA great meal

We had an excellent meal and lovely evening at Tutto Bene
We left Cairns on a shuttle bus with a very chatty driver who thought The Bill was based at Summer Hill Station and therefore thought our surname was really amusing!!!

Left Cairns with some amazing views of the reef, rainforest and hills. Next time I looked out there was just a wide open space - the outback!

Got a cheap bus into Melbourne and then struggled in the heat to try and find a hostel/hotel. Third try lucky and I would recommend The Miami Hotel.

After a quick freshen-up, we tried to make our way into town. Suffice to say the markings on trams are not too clear and once we were back where we started (50 minutes later) we got into the city.

Following a recommendation (thank you Susan F.) we went to The Rialto Tower where you could get an amazing 360 view of the city. Given we were there for one night only we were literally able to see the whole of the city!!!

We then walked through the city, through some Chinese New Year celebrations alongside the river and stumbled upon Tutto Bene which was an amazing Italian restaurant.

A lovely time in Melbourne, if a
The OutbackThe OutbackThe Outback

From the ocean to this barren view - amazing!
bit rushed as we were leaving the next day...


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

MelbourneMelbourne
Melbourne

An interesting tram journey - it took us 50 mins to get back to where we started - don't ask!
MCGMCG
MCG

For Steve, Matt and Steve H.
Happy New YearHappy New Year
Happy New Year

Chinese New Year Celebrations were ongoing


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb