Au revoir GBR!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Queensland » Great Barrier Reef
February 16th 2007
Published: February 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Final briefingFinal briefingFinal briefing

Tristan's final briefing on how to navigate our way to the pub and the beer limits!
Our last day on the GBR - a sad day.

However, we had an early start with a 6:00am dive briefing and then the dive itself. Saw a shark and turtle - possibly two of each (or the same one twice!).

Our second dive was ok - a poor start but the dive got better and better - the GBR is really amazing! And often the best sights are closer to the top, so the guys who snorkelled probably saw just as many amazing sights.

Our final dive was great as it ended as we began - with a shark!

The trip back to Cairns was ok - making the most of being out at sea. The crew made the transition from ship to shore easy, altho' we both felt a bit wobbly for the next couple of days - very weird back on dry land!

After a small/quick drink at Bohemia Central we joined the others at Rattle and Hum. We had a few drinks, but the excitement and exercise over the last 3 days (and the prospect of an early start) saw us retire relatively early.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Crew and diversCrew and divers
Crew and divers

We all got together at the Rattle and Hum for a few beers before going on our travels...


Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0414s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb