Great Ocean Road. Day 17 Melbourne.


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
February 22nd 2020
Published: February 22nd 2020
Edit Blog Post

GOR Day 18 Parkdale
Cool start again but getting to like the no rain forecasts.
The food served by Phil Bock and his lovely wife Yuko at the French Island Eco Lodge is first class and enough for cyclists who normally take some filling. The wine is good too and not extortionate.
A koala was grunting up a tree outside our cabin at 7am, which was a nice surprise to start our day.
Ferry crossing at 9am on a smooth ocean to Stony Point to resume our journey north to Melbourne. Son Paul met us on his bike at the terminal since his wife Kat brought him in the car. Great ride to Hastings along a lovely boardwalk through the mangroves and dunes under a clear blue sky and warm sun. Coffee in Hastings at the Pelican Societe cafe before cycling almost all the way to Frankston on good quality cycleways. Once in Frankston it was easy following the railway line through Carrum, Cheltenham and Mordialloc to Paul and Kat’s house in Parkdale for snags on the barbie with beers and vin rouge. The train called next with a ride from Mentone to Richmond and a return to our previous guest house on George Street, E Melbourne for the last three nights. A great days riding in the best weather of the tour. Hurray, someone has to do it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement




23rd February 2020

GOR
First class, Richard has a natural talent to write such absorbing accounts of his travels, never boring.

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb