From Romsey to Albert Park, Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
October 3rd 2019
Published: October 6th 2019
Edit Blog Post

We had a very comfortable night in the McCarthy's spacious home. Julie and Mike cooked us a great breakfast of fried eggs and bacon for all the family, including Mike's parents Kerry and Jed, who had called over from their farm nearby. It was good to see them again. Kerry brough her freshly baked scones, with jam and cream.

After breakfast we set off to drive into Melbourne to Nicola and Nicholas' cute little home in Albert Park, near Melbourne. Unfortunately Nicholas had to go into Melbourne to work but joined us later, in the park.

After tea and coffee in their garden we set off in two cars for the The Royal Botanical Gardens which are enormous and interesting. We had a picnic in the children's safe play area. Elliot and Gorgina had great fun in the little stream which runs through the area as well as splashing in some little fountains. We are our picnic on the grass, in the shade as it was a hot day. We were joined by Jean Hutson, who now lives in Melbourne. We had visited her 97 year old father in Perth. Reconnecting again after a long break.

After finding
Tree in the Nick's gardenTree in the Nick's gardenTree in the Nick's garden

We sat under this tree and had tea while the children played in the garden.
our way back to the Nick's house through the busy rush hour traffic, we all went out for an Italian meal at their local restaurant. It was very good with huge portions and typical Italian hospitality, here in Australia!

After dinner we drove home to Leopold, a long day with a lot of driving for Pete! We drove 344km on this trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

Sue, Winks and Pete Sue, Winks and Pete
Sue, Winks and Pete

Outside the Nicks house in Little Page Street.
The family in the parkThe family in the park
The family in the park

Nic managed to set up a time delay pic


7th October 2019

wonderful!
Hi Al and Elaine - sounds and looks like you are having the time of your life! Wonderful! Well you are not missing much here, wind and lots of rain! OAS show was very good, loved your piece! wishing you all the best on your tour! love Sally x

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0235s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb