Hanging out alone in Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
September 22nd 2019
Published: September 24th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Travelling solo is a form of art. What can happen? The worst-case scenario is sleeping on a park bench in Melbourne for a night, staring at the beautiful Australian stars. The best-case scenario is admiring breath-taking landscapes and having a marvellous trip where you don’t have to follow someone else and hurry up if you want to sit silently in front of a building to stare at it.

Hanging out solo in Melbourne? YES! Do it now! I’ll offer you a list of things you can do alone in Melbourne that will help you create memories for a lifetime.

Let’s start with food and drinks



When in Melbourne you should definitely have a drink at Pellegrini’s together with a bowl of Raviolo. Trust me, I’ve tried it, and I can still feel the taste.

If you want to experience the vibe of Melbourne you should grab a seat at one of the many small bars where bartenders are always willing to talk with solo travellers. Rooks Return, Black Pearl, and the Lulie Street Tavern were on my list, so you can try them or find some new ones on your own.

Don’t forget about Chinatown, there you can eat the most delicious plate of dumplings. Yummy!

And before leaving Melbourne book a table at a restaurant famous for its dishes, Cumulus Inc, Chex Dre and Pastuso are my suggestions. You’ll love both the place and the dishes.

Do some shopping



Travelling alone offers you the opportunity to get lost in shops and check every single item, without someone telling you that you have to hurry.

Melbourne is great for shopping, you can start with its cavernous vintage bazaars where you can find from clothes, to home decorations and accessories, and finish with left-field shops. My favourites are the ones from Fitzroy’s Lost and Found. Try some ‘70s dresses and take some photos because you’ll find these memories more precious than everything when you’ll go back home.

Do you want to buy a book during this trip? Then you should head to the Metropolis bookshop, they have some books you’ll not find everywhere in the world. Food for your soul.

And if shopping spends all your cash and you want to exchange some money I recommend checking the international money transfers rates first, because not all exchange organisations provide the same rates.

Spoil yourself



You are having this trip to unwind and relax, so you should head to a bathhouse one day to overcome your mental hurdle. I find this, one of the most amazing ways to chill out when travelling. If you want to take the spoil a step further, you should have a massage or get your nails done at a beauty centre.

For the ones who want to reflect on their life you can have a walk through the Melbourne General Cemetery, no it’s not scary at all because the cemetery looks more like a park. And Princess Park is nearby, so you can visit both of them.

Here are my suggestions for the ones who want to have a solo adventure in Melbourne. And yes, you can make friends and spend some time together even if you are on a solo trip.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0581s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb