Top places you need to visit in Dubai, UAE


Advertisement
United Arab Emirates' flag
Middle East » United Arab Emirates » Dubai
September 2nd 2019
Published: September 5th 2019
Edit Blog Post

If you’ve never been to Dubai, you don’t know what you’re missing. There are very few cities in the Middle East that welcome tourists with such warmth. It’s tolerant and cosmopolitan. All visitors are welcome. There are a thousand reasons why you should stop by Dubai. If you’ve stopped searching for them and decided to make this glamorous city your next travel destination, please continue reading to discover what places are worth visiting. Where will you start?

Burj Khalifa




More than 828 meters tall, the Burj Khalifa is one of the most impressive buildings in the world. It’s bigger than the Eifel Tower and twice as tall as the Empire State Building. It’s hard to miss Burj Khalifa as it dominates the skyline. Not only is it the tallest structure on the globe but also it has the highest number of stories. Needless to say, the views are to die for. From any floor, you can get incredible views of the city. If you’re in the mood for a meal in the clouds, go to the 124thfloor of the Burj Khalifa. There’s no better place to be.


Palm Jumeirah




Palm Jumeirah is a faux archipelago which extends into the Persian Gulf. The largest man-made island in the world is renowned for its palm-tree shaped design. Interestingly, the archipelago is visible from space, so it’s possible to see the detail of the palm-like structure. To visit Dubai, you’ll have to get a Dubai visa for leisure activities. When you get to Palm Jumeirah, you can swim with the sharks or simply chill out at the beach club. Take as much time as you need to explore the islands. You’ll discover many dining options and don’t miss out on the opportunity to participate in excursions.

Dubai Museum




You can spend your free time indulging in work that inspires, interests, or intrigues you. Dubai Museum is the place to go if you need a mental refresh. This place was built in 1787 for the monarch, serving as a place of defense. Now, it’s a global center of finance, commerce, and tourism. If you don’t like the archeological findings, you’ll surely admire the vividly colored dioramas that depict everyday life. A tour of the Dubai Museum will give you a good understanding of the cultural practices before the discovery of oil. How can you say no to that?

Sheikh Saeed Al-Maktoum House




This used to be the quarters of Sheikh Saeed Al-Maktoum, the ancient ruler of Dubai. The former residence was completely restored and transformed into a museum, which contains images of the old town. You should pay a visit to the royal residence. To get to the museum, all you have to do is grab a cab. Other options include taking the bus and making a 10-minutes’ walk. Throughout the place, there are coins, letters, maps, and stamps that highlight the development of the Emirate. Enter the world of the old city. If you’re a culture-seeking vulture, you’ll love this place.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0524s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb