Melbourne day out


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne
November 5th 2017
Published: November 5th 2017
Edit Blog Post

A good nights kip had by both, 10 hrs! After breakfast we went on the train to Melbourn. We went to the shrine of remembrance and were just in time for a 10 minute service. One of the shrine old guard, a regimental colonel and 2 school girls with a wreath marched up to the shrines inner sanctum where the service was held. Good drills by David the old guard who was dressed in the uniform of the light horse. We then walked along St Kilda Ave back to Flinders Street stataion. We went on a walking tour that was out of a magazine. Total pants. It’s on a map so I can tell others not to do it. No real sights of interest just shops but I suppose it was exercise. Although it was sunny / overcast the wind was quite cold. it was suggested that we go to Hardware Lane for lunch. We found an Italian restaurant and I had ceaser salad and Alex had salmon. Both dishes were very tasty. We did manage to find some more street art at AC/DC lane. Not as good as Hosier lane though.

We then got on the free number 35 tram to the dock lands to go on the Melbourne eye. Compared to the London eye this was well tame. Its not in the best place really. It should be near the coast or right by the river but again it wasted 30 mins and as we got our tickets on a Groupon deal for £10 each it was good value. You cannot take big bags on the flight so you have to hire a locker for $4 an hour. We stopped for churros and a drink in the food complex then went off to catch the tram.

This time we got the number 70 tram and all trams within a certain area are free not just the number 35 tram. They need this in England. The wind was still on the chilly side while we waited. The train home seemed to take ages but we got there?


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb