Demons v Blues


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Telstra Dome
August 5th 2006
Published: August 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We went to see Melbourne versus Carlton at Telstra, Sonnie got us seats in the Medallion Club which was really nice, lovely sunny day and everything. Would have been absolutely brilliant if only Melbourne had won! Losing to the team at the bottom of the ladder is never good!

We then went to try and get The Castle - the quintessential Australian movie. Of course this turned out to be no simple task and we had to go to three different shops to get it, one of which had the rudest staff ever and just obviously did not want me to join! The film is narrated by the son Dale Kerrigan and tells the story of the working class Kerrigan family, who live in a lower class dwelling in Melbourne adjacent to the main airport and near to high voltage power lines. The Kerrigans’ world is running along happily until Darryl (the Da) receives a letter stating that the house has been compulsorily acquired to make way for airport extensions. Along the way the Kerrigans visit their favourite holiday spot "Bonnie Doon," which turns out to be a stark landscape with a lake in the middle and high voltage power lines running across it but which Darryl loves for the “serenity”.



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Demons v BluesDemons v Blues
Demons v Blues

"The Cheerleaders"
Demons v BluesDemons v Blues
Demons v Blues

A good close up of the team if I could keep my hand steady!


Tot: 0.129s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0772s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb