Last Train to Freo


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » CBD
August 4th 2006
Published: August 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We went to see Last Train to Freo in the Forum as part of the Melbourne Film Festival. The film is told in real time, using just the one location, the train, to act out the drama. It deals with five individuals who discover they are not who they think they are. It was a really tense film to watch, and some of the humour went over us as it was real Aussie. Parts were absolutely hilarious though. At the end the director, writer and cast had a Q&A and met people from the audience which was really nice. We went to the Forum to watch Last Train to Freo and the place is amazing, it looks nothing from outside but the inside is decorated with Roman influenced statues and lamps, stars placed in the ceiling - it is really lovely.

We then ended up in the Kitten Club - again. As Annelise was leaving the next day we felt we had to go for just the one with her…two bottle of champagne later we went along to the Turf Bar with Anthony (Andrew). “I have a cousin Anthony as well” … “Who the hell is Anthony?”, not the best of impressions to call people by the wrong name! Irene then found a friend on the dance floor who she tried to make me talk to - eventually she just picked up all our stuff and told him we were leaving….promply going to sit just the other side of the bar. Needless to say, he did cop on and was not impressed at all….not that it bothered us one bit….or when that girl tried to intimidate us…



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Hey Big SpenderHey Big Spender
Hey Big Spender

Irene dancing her way around with Annie's scarf...!
Hey Big SpenderHey Big Spender
Hey Big Spender

Irene dancing her way around with Annie\'s scarf...!
Irene's new friendsIrene's new friends
Irene's new friends

Do you think it could be the wrong angle?


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb