Hello Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
January 31st 2015
Published: February 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Lana (my roommate) and I went to the Rememberance Shrine this morning which was so much better than I was expecting. There was a museum all about Australia's contribution to all the wars from WWI until now and a gallery of art and poems by people who were involved in any of the wars in any way which was really sad. We went to the top of the shrine where there's a balcony and you can see the Melbourne skyline which was cool.

We walked over to the Botanical Gardens then which was so pretty and as the sun was out was such a nice place to walk around. After that we went into the City to have a look around. We stopped for lunch at a sushi bar which was so cheap and so good! Lana needed to get some leggings so we went to H&M, the biggest H&M I have ever seen I think. We spent about an hour in there because the queue for the changing rooms was sooooooo long I've never seen anything like it. We'd been walking round for about 4 hours by then so decided to get the tram back to St Kilda.

Once we'd chilled for half an hour we walked across the road to some aboriginal festival where they had some bands playing. We watched a traditional aboriginal sunset ceremony where they burned eucalyptus leaves and two people did a dance. The guy said that they would do that ceremony to welcome people to their towns in aboriginal times. The next band were actually really good and the bassist looked like Ryan Gosling and the lead looked like Russel Brand! Lana had a Roo burger so I tried a little bit and it wasn't too bad, not as nice as a beef burger though. Unfortunately then it rained so I came back to the hostel.

Lana has to get up early tomorrow so she had an early night. I didn't want to stay in and do nothing so I went downstairs to the bar and had some drinks with a few people I met down there. We played pool and then as it got later and people got more drunk the dance floor got busier so went and danced for a bit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0739s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb