Arriving in Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » St Kilda
July 19th 2012
Published: July 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We got up at 06:15 to be ready for breakfast with Josephine and Chris. They live just outside of Corryong on a hill overlooking the valley, a beautiful farmhouse with plenty of room for family, friends and animals. Chris is the local vet and Jose works as a high school teacher. They have four girls (15-21) and the oldest was home. After a real Australian breakfast with homemade pancakes, bread, jam and coffee and a lot of caching up we drove down towards Melbourne. On the way to Melbourne we past Tallangatta by lake Hume and saw the dead trees still standing in the lake as they have since the 1950’s. We of course stopped at Glenrowan to look at the place where Ned Kelly fell, and to have a coffee with scones.



One thing that keeps surprising us is that cyclists are allowed along the highways. It comes across as madness to cycle along the motorway.



We arrived in Melbourne in the afternoon traffic and got to our hotel, the Cosmopolitan, in St. Kilda at 16:00. When we came to our room we were a little surprised that it was a room without kitchenette, we had asked for one when booking the hotel. Jennyfer turned on her best charm and went down to the reception and came back half an hour later with the keys to the deluxe apartment (the only one in the hotel), of course for no extra charge. We now enjoy a residence with two bedrooms, a kitchen with eating area, and a small living room.



We cooked Mexican for the evening meal and we have spoken to Alex and another old friend from Corryong who now lives in Melbourne. We will see them all this weekend and hopefully a lot of Melbourne as well.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb