The end of the Campervan adventure...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » North Melbourne
December 21st 2006
Published: December 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Twelve ApostlesTwelve ApostlesTwelve Apostles

Taken on our mammoth journey!
Hello all!

Only 4 more sleeps till Christmas! Hope you are all ready and you have wrapped everything up and put it under your trees!

We are sat in an air conditioned internet room at a campsite just outside Melbourne. Its great in here because outside its like 30 something degrees and we are sweating like piggys in blankets!

So, we have come to the end of our time touring in our little camper - blub, both myself and Pip will really miss it because its become our home from home. It really gives you the freedom to go where you want to go and see what you want, the only thing we would say is that we haven't had enough time to do everything we wanted! If we could have, we would have had more time on the Gold Coast and at a place called Port Macquarie which was really pretty and also at Lakes Entrance which is where I wrote about in the last entry. We would also have had more time on the Great Ocean Road... but I'll tell you all more about that in a minute.

First let me update you on where
KoalasKoalasKoalas

These cute ladies were at the Koala Consevation Centre at Phillip Island.
we have been -

We drove through the bush fire smoke and went to Phillip Island for 2 days, on our first evening we went to see the little penguins make their way from the sea to their burrows. It was amazing! They were so beautiful and it was wondeful to see them parade out of the sea and up the beach, you can watch them at every stage. We also went to see the koala's at the koala conservation centre, we got to walk around and spot them in the trees. It was quite chilly that morning, so they were curled up in little balls of fur. We also saw some wallabies jumping along the side of the road, one even posed for a picture. Apart from the wildlife we also visited the nobbies and tried not to get pooed on from all the gulls.

The next day Pip decided that he wanted to see at least a bit of the Ocean Road, I did too but I also knew that it was going to take us ages to get there, we set off at about 10, made it to a place called Geelong after about 2.5 hours. We then carried on driving down to Torquay, the official start of the Ocean Road and drove for about another hour to our campsite next to the Wye River. Then we drove to Port Campbell which took another 3 hours - we got to see the 12 Apostles, Loch and Gorge and I think that was it... and another Blowhole. We really wished that we had planned to do this drive and go all the way to Port Fairy, Oh well. It was very beautiful and we are really glad that we did it. On the way back from Port Campbell we stopped at Apollo Bay for dinner, which was lovely and then we drove back to the campsite in the dark (scary!) and saw a little koala sat by the side of the road, I was really worried about him getting run over!
Anyway, all together we drove about 250 miles yesterday! I think we were mad, but we both slept really well last night. Today we have made our way to Melbourne and as I said its boiling. We're really looking forward to seeing the sights here now and then in Sydney.

We're off to sit by the pool (like a couple of smugs!) No hole to plug the camera in again! Sorry, will try to update soon.

Lol
Lu and Pip x

Ps... Mum let me know who wins Strictly! L x


Advertisement



24th December 2006

Happy Christmas!
Mark Ramprakash won the dancing comp. You will probably have celebrated Christmas when you read this. Did Santa manage to find you? We want to see some pics of the penguins. Craig wants to know if when you pull out the plug the water vortex really spins round the other way? Buckets of love, Mum, Dad and Craig xxx
26th December 2006

Fond Memories
Happy Christmas Lou and P from all the gang at 56. Well I have enjoyed reading about your adventures, especially those of Phillip Island and the Great Ocean Road. It brought back alot of memories of my visit there and my time with Maria in Melbourne.How I wish I could be with you. The Camper van sounds very exciting. Wot a way to travel. P don't get too depressed about the cricket, Mike is still faithfully watching it, although its all over for another time. Have a super New Year and have a good journey home. Lots of love Sharon x

Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0292s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb