Melbourne New Year's Eve


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » City Centre
January 11th 2008
Published: January 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Will post more pictures when I can!!

Melbourne New Year's

Numbers of happy new years: too many to remember
Numbers of kisses with beautiful strangers: 3
Numbers of silly dance routine with strangers: 2

What a great evening, after working on Sunday we had two days off which meant we could go to Melbourne!! I was very exited about this as I've always wanted to go to Melbourne for New Years Eve.

I was with Stephanie, Yoshiko, March, Christine and Alex, we took the train in the morning so we could enjoy the city for the afternoon and look for a backpackers.
The trip took ages as we had a few changes but we arrived at 1pm and the heat hit us as soon as we got out the train. It was 40degrees outside!!

Nothing special during the afternoon, I went with Stephanie do some shopping and go to the internet cafe and met Yoshiko, March and Christine aka the 3 Musketeers in a chinese restaurant. The service was crap though they told us to hurry to eat as the table would be taken in a hour but it took us 30minutes to get our meal but while we were waiting we had fun with the napkins looking like hats.

After we tried to go to the Docklands for the first fireworks but we missed it so we came back to the backpackers have a coke and then head back to Federation Square. As you can all guess the place was crowded and the atmosphere was great, bought some silly glowing bracelet and necklace, it was my excuse just in case someone would get lost they would just have to look for those fluorescent bracelet and necklace and that would have been me!!
We got settled at 10.30/11.00 near Alexandra Gardens and we have a very nice view. While we were waiting for the fireworks we had fun taking silly pictures or making comments about the people around us as they were pushing, especially one of them near Stephanie.

My last ciggie of the year and then the last texts to send and 2008 here we come!!!
Everyone was obviously very excited and the fireworks started, they were very nice, really liked them, there were basically fireworks everywhere!!!! The only thing I regret is that they only lasted 10minutes. The atmosphere was wicked and everybody was wishing to each other happy new year on the way to Fed Square, made a few phone calls in the meantime, texted some people and danced with that very happy guy a french cancan routine before he went to kiss March!

We only stayed a short while in Fed Square and as everybody started to leave and we didn't want to go back to the backpackers so early (except Stephanie as she wanted to call her family in France) we decided to go by the river and we chatted until 3am.
I really liked this evening and all the people, we only get this atmosphere once a year unfortunately except if our country wins in football, maybe it will be like that if France wins at the Euros this year? I stopped counting the number of times we wished to strangers a happy new year and we had fun talking until late and the weather was very nice a bit too hot though like 30degrees at midnight.

I went back to the backpackers and was too excited to sleep as we had so much fun and the backpackers was quite noisy and took the train back
Melbourne3Melbourne3Melbourne3

Yoshiko and Me
to the middle of nowhere at 9.00am and it was free!!! Trams were free after 6pm in Melbourne they are really organised but unfortunately there were not as many people as expected as it was too hot people stayed at home! There were 300.00 people but it's not too bad I really liked it and I will probably go back to Melbourne to celebrate the beginning of 2009!!
Hope you all had a very nice new year's Eve!!
Take care everybody!
XxX
Me




Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

m9m9
m9

Southern Cross Station


11th January 2008

délire le nouvel an !!
Je suis trop contente que tu te sois bien éclatée comme ça ma cocotte !!!! je me souviens de ton appel raté et du message que tu m'as laissé, Happy 2008 !! alors que chez oi on était 15h en plein milieu d'aprem, un truc comme ça, ça fait bizarre masi c'était choupinet ^^ Continue de profiter qd tu as des moments de libre, ça paiera à la fin ^^ bisous bisous
12th January 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Hey babe, Looks like your havin fun!!! Its a bit late but wanted to wish you only happy things in 2008!!! Have fun and keep in thouch!! Hugs from Holland!! Angelique

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb