Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » CBD
May 20th 2015
Published: May 20th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, yesterday was Dorothy and Mike's last day so myself and Stu caught the tram into the city (cbd), Sue and Brian had to work. We wandered around but it was raining, can't complain, at least they had good weather over the weekend. Just walking around we came across more hidden lanes with cafes and shops which we didn't even know we're there. They have a H & M here, which is not exciting, well it is, if you like the shop !! but the building it is in, is beautiful, it is the old Melbourne Post Office and it is huge. We decided to have lunch in the city and went to Young and Jackson Pub which I have mentioned in my blog on a previous occasion, it is where the painting 'Chloe' is. Dorothy and I finished off lunch with coffee and cake ! Oh yes, it's all got to stop !! Mike wanted to go into the old fashioned hat shop by Flinders station, so down the steps we go, the place has been going for years, it has every hat you can think of down there, Stu and Mike tried some hats on but didn't buy any. Time was getting on, so we headed back home getting the freebie tram but got off at the wrong stop and ended up walking further than we wanted to. We all said our goodbyes and Mike and Dorothy caught a plane back to Perth last night. We had a great ole time and a real laugh, it's funny we never thought we would all catch up in Australia !!


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



20th May 2015

Stu and Mike
With the hat on, on the black and white squared floor, he looks more like you Alan !!!!!!!!!
20th May 2015

Hi
I think Alan looks like Mike with the hat on.

Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb