Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Port Melbourne
May 19th 2015
Published: May 19th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone, lovely day yesterday, no rain !! we all caught a tram into the city, wandered around, walked across to the Docklands area. They have built high apartments with balconies overlooking the water and have what they call vertical gardens on the side of the high rises, too make it look more attractive! even the bicycle railings are shaped like a bicycle ! The docklands was, in it's day a grotty area but now, very hip and the place to be !! Sue said in the evenings it is very busy in the cafes and bars and in the summer many people wander around the place. There were Arty things around, just nice to walk and look at them, the place had a nice feel to it. They had statues up of famous Australian people, one being Kyle and Dame Edna and also stars (like Hollywood stars) in the street of famous Aussie actors and people. One looked liked it had been removed, we were guessing it was Rolf Harris ? So from there we hopped onto the old tram which goes around the city in a loop, it is a free service and gives you a commentary on the city, it is great, however you do tend too, how do I put this, get a strong odour from places in the tram as the homeless tend to hop on and go around the circuit until they are turfed off !!! So if you can stand it, (pinch you're nose !!) it is a great way to see Melbourne city. Stu just opened the window and it was fine !!! You can't complain if something is free !!! We then decided it was time for a beverage so went into The Duke of Wellington and had a wine or two !! Had a right ole laugh as Mike is very funny and says it as it is !! From there we caught another tram back home and decided to eat back at that the same pub where we ate on Saturday night, the one with the log fire. Chelsea the young girl welcomed us like we were regulars, well it was starting to look that way !!! Lovely food but too much, that is not a complaint, only my waistline is complaining !!! Lettuce leaves when I get back !! (how many times do I say this !!! ) I'm on the puddings now !! I can't stop !! I need help !!


Additional photos below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



20th May 2015

Mike and Stu
Thought the same
20th May 2015

Hi
Yes I'm looking, now I know what you mean !
20th May 2015

Hi
Yes I'm looking, now I know what you mean !

Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0856s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb