Day 64: A bit of housekeeping to do!‏


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » CBD
February 11th 2013
Published: February 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Today was a bit of an odd one; we'd somehow ended up with a day spare but we knew we had to get some things done prior to our flight to Fiji tomorrow (washing, blog updates etc). After sorting the washing out (and hoping it wouldn't get stolen off our washing line at the caravan park) we hopped on the train into Melbourne. We spent 2 hours updating the blog in the State Library - it's about the only place you can use a computer without spending a small fortune! After some advice from the tourist info volunteers we decided to pop down to the docklands and take a look at the art trail. While some were quite fun (the giant bunny), the rest confirmed that we do not understand modern art at all! Back at the campsite we started a bit of tidying & packing, and then settled down for our final nights sleep in Maurice.

Bailey's bit: It was a fairly relaxed day today sorting ourselves for our onwards journey but we still had time to take in a bit of 'culture' and window shopping. Our dinner was a backpackers special, instant noodles! We did add some courgettes and I had some canned lemon peppered tuna to make things slightly more interesting. We finished off by using up our last remaining egg to make some pancakes! We have a little excess food which we will give away once we are done, hopefully people like teabags!

Daily mileage: 6 (am) We explored Williamstown this morning finding an old nautical tower called a Time Ball Tower, I won't bore you but basically it was a clock for passing ships!
5 (pm) I found a route that followed the train line so was fairly straight. Did another short effort session of 2min, 3min, 3min, 2min all off 50%!r(MISSING)ecovery.
Note: Today was the first time during the trip I have hit double figures for a day, close to the mileage I would do back in the UK, not sure how things will go in Fiji!


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0533s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb