Melbourne


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Brunswick
April 4th 2015
Published: September 1st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Finally arrived in Melbourne, the brother of Florence waited at his student house with a very tasty chilli con carne, some goon (which is a very cheapass lemonade tasting wine) and delicious timtam cookies! Hidde studied for five months in Melbourne at the Deakin University, so it was nice to be able to see how his life is over there. After a good night of partying, the next day was the long waited family reunion! We bought a good bottle of wine and some sushis for their arrival and had a take away meal, as everybody was quite tired.

The next day consisted of a visit of the city. We went to the federation square which is Melbourne's meeting place and from there we walked along the beautifull Yara river and enjoyed a little cup of coffee at the sunny riverside. We also passed by the famous art streets, as Melbourne is known as one of the world's greatest street art capital for its art on approved outdoor locations. We finished the day by visiting the beautifull Victoria Library and had a delicious dinner accompanied by a belgian beer on an amazing rooftop. The next day, we went for a car drive along the Great Ocean Road, which was very beautifull! Unfortunately, we didn't had sunny weather, but a little rain won't stop us. We even tried to go to the Rip Curl Pro surf worldcup at Bells Beach but it was cancelled because of the bad weather. That day, we also saw for the first time wild kangourous on a golf course. Even if the weather wasn't really with us, we enjoyed a lot this family day on this magnificent road. For our last day, we went for a quick visit to the Deakin University and up we went off to Sydney!





Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.292s; Tpl: 0.033s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0886s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb