I HEART TRAVELLING!!!!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Brighton
June 24th 2008
Published: June 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hey Dudes and duddettes! hope that the end of June is treating everyone well1 i feel sick as it means i have just 1 motnh left! boo! infact im sitting in melbourne airport ready to leave oz after 7 weeks and 3 days here! absolutely sickening! im soooooo sad and as my plane is delayed (already by 6 hours) it gives me more time to mourn! anyhows i know ive been absolutely rubbish recently so ill try and fit you in on the major parts of whats been happening! I spent 6 nights in Sydney with my beloved dan and howesy and 2 cool girls we met called Lydia and Natalie. we all dormed together and I was the youngest which made a nice change for oz as it is full of 18yr old public shcool boys and girls! ahha. Dan had to go to hospital as he had the mankiest leg ever and he got admitted for 2 days which was quite entertaining! we had an amazing location and did some fun things like go to sydney aquarium, go to darleeng harbour, the opera house, the bridge. Sydney itself is an awesoem city and it was just a shame that for the whole time we were there it rained pretty much from the minute we got up to the minute we went to bed. no place is nice in that much rain so i think it refelcted quite badly on a city which i know had amazing potential! also australian fashion is horrific- every shop is like mark one or at a push dorothy perins aka i hhhhhhhhhhhate it! boo. check , check check they love chequered clothes and cheap cotton. boo. HIGHLIGHT though was a trip to the opera house to see Edward Scissorhands the ballet! undoubtedly an experience ill live with forever! we all dressed up (got fricking soaked of course) had sparkling wine aka champers haha the girls brougght plates of mashed potato (i walked away deeply embarassed!) and then we sat down for a mesmerising experience. i was in tears it was phenonemnal. my friends mani and vinny from thailand came aswell- vinny slept the whole way through which i found entertaining!! i was quite poorly in sydney aswell. i think my liver finally gave in to the goon and i felt ruff stuff so slept alot and whimpered (another bonus of being the youngest!!)

flew from sydney to melbourne. went with my twin dave from thailand whi has the same day of birth as me and was 1 of the first people i met and happened to bump into in sydney! which was cool. we stayed in saint kilda whichw as a bit out of it but very hippy and supposedly where the backpacker party is at! had brill weather in melbourne and it made all the difference as I fell for the city big style. Everything about it- the trams, the street artists, the bands and comedians on the pavements. there is so much culture there. i went to federation square, docklands, up the sky tower, which is 88 floors up to see the city! went with ted who i met on the oz bus up north near cairns and hes scared of heights so it was muchos entertaining! we did a ride called the edge which projects you out over the city and he was nearly sick so i kept jumping up and down to scare him more! im such a kid! haha. I went on the great ocean road and saw the lighthouse form round the twist asin "have you ever, ever felt like this, strange things are happenign are you going round the twist!" It was bank holiday weekend so Anna Kournikova from uni (Dan, Helen, Ali def know her she did our course shes a ledgend!) brought me a ticket for a hed kandi sunday session. It started at 2 and finished at 2! It had a winter wonderland theme so ice sculptures and stuff! people dressed as eskimos lala la la was amazing. one of the best musical/ clubbing things ive ever been to and it was at teh Beach Hotel which is an awesome location (i cant stop saying awesome i need to leave oz!!) we also had neighbours day where by pure coincidence jamie and kieran I dormed with in surfers joined our dorm in base and the scottish from magnetic island and we all went on the neighbours tour to ramsay street, grease monkeys, lous garage, erinsborough high! such a cool trip as on the bus you watch clasic neighbours like beth and brads wedding and madges death, you then meet a star- we met declan who I was slightly miffed at but Paul Robinson drove past so that was exciting. At night we went to the neighbours night and met KARL- absolute ledgend, Connor- got fat, janelle and scott parker! was a brill night and Karls band are seriously impressive. I then left melbourne to go back to sydney for a night and then slept in sydney airport and flew to fiji (which ill desribe in a min!) and then came back and luckily got an overnight bus back to melbourne as i loved it so much for 4 mor days. I stayed at Annas which was so fun and with her housemate Rachel we found a decent nightclub in Melbourne ! which is supposedly rare for oz! it was called Love Machine on Chappel Street abd we had an awesoem night there! i also went to Brunswick which is like Camden and great for shopping but I have no money so was painful! hehe. I also went to another AFL match at the Telstra and watched Collingwood get robbed ( I had my face painted though so loved it!!) and went rap jumping with Ted yesterday! was amaing. its basically like abseiling down a building but you do it forwards so you sit with your legs dangling over the edge of the building with a hat on some gloves and a harness attatching you to one rope and then you have to just elan forward and run down the building and then push yourself off the wall and fly for a bit! was unbelievable scary! infact ive never done anything like it but it was amazing1 they had to kick me off the wall the first time as i was soooooooooooo scared but you got 3 jumps so by the end i was loving it!

so thats pretty much oz for you. ill fill you in on my week in fiji after- it was amzing and i got a tan so i loved although itll go in new zealand so you dont need to rush to the sun beds just yet! hehe. oz is ccool country- wish id hit the middle but ill come back and do that. People are nice- its just like England thoguh asin me and anna turned on the tv the other day and they have 5 channels and 1 was showing vicar of dibley, 1 my family, 1 the bill and the other 2 oz stuff! weird. for a country that seems to begrudge the fact they were born from our convicts they sure do love the english! nehowsss best go as i have no dollar! hopefully ill make it to new zelaand soon as i have no hostel booked and have had enough of airport sleeping! ill be back with you all inless than a month. dont want to stop travelling but itll be nice to see every1 for some bday fun! hope your all well! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.091s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb