We should have left yesterday...


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Box Hill North
May 15th 2009
Published: May 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 19 and the plan says we should be on our way to Wilsons Prom! Well, we didn't quite get things in order for that to happen but no problem, we'll make sure we visit the Prom when we come back this way next year and by that time it should have rejuvenated after the recent bush fires.
There is no early morning walk today, we have way too much stuff to do! We're up at 7am, the girls breakfast & lunch is sorted by Darryl as usual but today he's put sweets in the lunchbox because it's his last day! How cute is that!
We've been washing the bedding and horror of all horror, we've been sold duds! The flat sheet is slashed all the way through so we'll need to take it back ... and it's been washed and still damp ... oh well! Off to Big W we go, in PIE! It's great having our own set of wheels and she's really comfy. We change the bedding with no dramas at all and then sort out the bank cheque ready for the caravan pick up. We’re all done by 11.15am and we can't pick up the van until 1.30pm, a bit of thumb twiddling?! We decide to go over to Bunnings and get the last of the essentials, the car is reasonably well equipped so we don't need a jack or wheel brace but we're still wondering whether a little generator is required as we don't have dual batteries in the car which means we'll be without power in the caravan if we're away from a 'real' campsite. We pick up the essentials and decide the generator can wait until later - we'll do real campsites for a while until we're confident of what equipment we do and don't have, then we'll start venturing further into 'free' campsites where hook up isn't always available and neither are proper toilets! Yikes!
We can't wait any longer, we're too excited, it's mid-day and we start the journey to pick up the caravan! We've decided to avoid the Eastern Freeway because a) we haven't got a tag and b) we can't be arsed to buy one! Cheapskates! We hang things out a little bit by popping in to Anaconda (outback superstore place!) to get a water container and a solar shower but everyone is out of solar showers! They're out of season!!
So, this is it, we're off to pick up our new home! We arrive to see our pride and joy sitting all ready and waiting for us. Full marks to the guys at Regency Caravans, they change our tow hitch and sort out a few things to do with the electric brakes, then they walk us through the caravan and everything it can do, right down to using the power, water supply etc. They were really helpful and we appreciated it very much. After all the paperwork’s been done we’re free to leave - yeeeeeeeehhaaaaaaa! We tow her home and put her straight up on the driveway to been the cleaning and loading! Grant, Anna and the girls all give their approval - Anna is really quite impressed!! OMG, we're really doing this!!!!
We spend about 3 hours cleaning her up and putting things away, to be fair she's been left spotless by the previous owners but you know what it's like!
Tonight we have a house full coming round for good bye drinks - Pru, Dale, Daksha, Joe, Poovrvi, Puneet, Mel, Matty, Mari, Marty, Darren and Nicola all came to sink a few frothies and share a few stories! They were all really impressed with our little PIE and new caravan although we didn't do any guided tours of the inside, it was a bit too much of a pickle!! Big thanks to Pru and Dale who have loaned us a TV for the trip! We'll even yell for Carlton on the odd occasion now guys!! We got some new ideas of campsites to visit from Dale too, Alexandra Headland and Narabean Lakes, so that's a couple of updates to the plan!
Off to bed now but hope you like the initial pics of the adventure vehicles!
Night!
Dar & Sar



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb