I hope you're going to eat all that fish Anna!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Box Hill North
May 14th 2009
Published: May 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 18 - Ding-a-ling-a-ling, it’s 7am and it’s time for walkies! Come on Henry, you’re coming today as there’s not a massive rush so we can stop for wee wee’s and other stuff and sniffing etc etc! The pace today is far more relaxed and Henry has definitely learned a lesson after the ‘attack’, he’s not so keen to go nuts at those particular dogs anymore!
Back at the house and Darryl has done another grand job! He’s fed the girls breakfast, made the lunchboxes and also made sure that they’ve eaten their apple before they get ready for school! Does anyone need a “Manny” (a male Nanny)?!!
There’s no way Grant will be up early today as Darryl heard him at 3am - we figure he was working til late and then fell asleep on the couch. We’ve decided to head over the shopping town at Westfields in Doncaster where there’s a Big W which should stock the last of the caravan requirements. We find it without Tom Tom and with no problem at all, I’m sure you’ll all be pleased to hear that! A trolley load later and we think we’ve got all we need! Then it’s off to Safeway for some basic food and cleaning stuff, another trolley load later and we head off to find a bike rack for the car. 2 shops later and we think we’ve found the perfect solution, one that goes on the spare wheel of the car. Brilliant. We head home for leftover Potato and Leek soup. Lovely, no, it really was!
We can’t avoid it anymore, we have another go at finding bloody Kmart! We’ve got the address this time so it should be easy right? Wrong! Nowhere to be seen so we ask someone and find we’re heading in the opposite direction! What is it with this store?! 15 minutes later and bingo, we’ve found it … but guess what, no bikes!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! For goodness sake! It’s coming up to 3pm so we decide to go and get the girls from school to save Anna and Grant the trip out. As it is, they’re shopping for tea and buying up all the fish in the market and getting some lovely salad stuff plus the apples which Anna said she was going to get yesterday and didn’t!!
Anyway, we make it to the school with no problem at all, pick up the girls and off we go. Anna & Grant come home with seafood coming from their ears and plenty of other bags. The girls are off to ballet today, Grant is going to Marty’s for a drink so Darryl & Henry go too, Anna has a ‘nana’ nap and I get on with ironing all the curtains from the caravan which are now clean and smelling fresh! The peace is deafening … but it doesn’t last! Soon everyone is back and the house is lovely and bustling again. Darryl is back with our car from Pete. Grant is back and cooking up the seafood feast for dinner, he keeps cracking on to Anna that he thinks she’s made him buy too much seafood and that he hopes she’s going to eat it all! Darryl is put in charge of doing the salad, but can’t find it in the fridge and while we’re at it where are the apples that were bought today?! It looks like a shopping back didn’t make it home from the market when G&A did the shopping!!! Whoops!!! Anyway, Dar rustles up salad from leftovers in the fridge proving that we didn’t need to buy any extra at all!!! It doesn’t take long and the fish and most of the salad has been demolished!!! Fresh prawns, scallops and calamari - all bbq’d - gorgeous! How will we survive when we leave!!
Time to sit and relax, once the washing up is done and the ironing is put away and the girls have done their homework. Tonight, Daddy helped Charlotte with her numeracy and I helped Amy with her reading of ‘My Dad’s a Jogger’ which her teacher said she had to bring home to read! I’m laughing my head off because the opening paragraph reads “My dad’s a jogger. He goes running every day. He thinks running will take his big tummy away.” I think somebody else should be reading this with Amy! Grant? Darryl maybe! But they’re not taking the bait!
Time for bed said Zebedee!
Tomorrow we pick up the caravan …. and then we’ll post some photos of our adventure vehicles so you can see what we’ll be living in for the next 10 months!!
Night night!
Dar & Sar


Advertisement



14th May 2009

Laughing to myself :o)
Why am i sat giggling at the thought of what you two will be showing photo's of tomoz for your 10months travels... I really hope you have not been set up ..lol.. Can just see an old Mule pulling a tarpulin covered trailer ...pmsl :o)

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.031s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0242s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb