Get Lost!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Box Hill North
May 13th 2009
Published: May 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 17 - Another morning, another walk! No Henry this morning though cos he slows us down a bit and Anna needs to crack on today! She’s off to Melton which is a 2 hour drive away, she’s not overly impressed! By the time we get back Darryl has made lunch for the girls, bought the paper and generally cleared up the family room - Anna & Grant are loving that he’s not doing the walks cos so much gets done!!
Today is another day of sorting stuff for the caravan so we’re ready to leave on Sunday at 10am. We’re getting pretty excited now, bit scared but pretty excited. We rock up to the caravan joint (are you digging the Ozzie slang?!) and check out our little van. We strip the curtains and the bed so that we can wash it all before we bring it home on Friday. We spend quite a lot of time checking things out before we head over to the Spare Change warehouse to get storage boxes and a few more ‘bits and bobs’! Then it’s off to Target for bedding but it’s really expensive … we think it’s the equivalent to M&S and we don’t need M&S bedding (sorry Mum!). Then it’s back home, with the Pork Joint for tonight’s tea before heading off again to Kmart to hopefully get some bikes.
That seems a very short paragraph to describe most of the day, what have I missed?! I know, the whole drama of us getting completely lost … twice! Tale one was the whole Target episode. Target is in the South part of the Box Hill Centro but we parked outside of the North side. We eventually found our way across to Target but then we had to find the special butchers that Grant uses, get the Pork joint and then get back to the car. We saw the ‘Reject’ shop at least three times and at one point ran excitedly around a corner thinking that we’d cracked it only to be presented with the front of Target yet again! After much deliberation and the distraction of some rather nice Sushi, we found our way out and went home giggling to ourselves! Apparently without Tom Tom we’re knackered! Tale two, we need to get some bikes and we’ve heard that Kmart is a good store to get them from (bit like Argos). There’s one on the Burwood highway somewhere - according to Grant it’s dead easy, “you just head down the Middle-something road and then get on to the Burwood highway and it’s just there”. We’ve left our Tom Tom leads in our car which is with Pete today for it’s service so we have to use it sparingly. We both forget the “Middle-something” road’s name so just head for the Burwood highway and then somehow managed to circle around Kmart but never actually get to the store ….we did this for an hour! Still giggling to ourselves we gave up and went home - bikes can wait until tomorrow!!

Now I can hear what you’re all saying …. how the heck will they manage to get themselves around Oz if they can’t even find Kmart?! Well we just slipped up today, we’ll be fine tomorrow!!!!

Back at home the girls are playing with Georgia and Ethan from next door and Grant is already preparing tonight’s feast as Jordan is coming for dinner to discuss a possible business opportunity. He’s come up with a plan for the club that he’s currently managing. Darryl helps with the preparation of the Potato & Leek soup while I sort some washing and start boxing up our bedroom ready to move things to the caravan. We hear from Pete that our car has been serviced and is all A-ok and he’ll bring it back tomorrow as it’s late now - fine by us and great to hear that it’s got the thumbs up. He’s even got us spare hoses and belts, thanks very much Pete. Bottle of scotch on it’s way!
Dinner is fantastic, soup to start followed by roast pork with vegetables. Gorgeous! That’s why there’s no more photo’s of us …. we’re set to explode if we eat much more!!!
We’re really tired tonight, plus we’ve worked out how to use Fox Tel on the TV in our bedroom so we hit the sack at 10pm which is so early for us it’s unreal!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.533s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 19; qc: 138; dbt: 0.1928s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb