Last minute nerves


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Box Hill North
May 16th 2009
Published: May 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 20 and this is the penultimate day for a guaranteed hot shower, access to fox-tel and gourmet food on demand!! Heads are a wee bit heavy this morning but we still make it out of bed for 8.15 to do the clearing up and mess about with the kids!
It's straight on with the caravan this morning, cleaning the carpets, windows and putting yet more stuff away! We're doing pretty well so decide to have a go at getting the spare wheel from the car (we have 2!) under the bed in the caravan to save room in the back of the car. Long story short, it doesn't fit but we did find that the spare wheel on the back of the car has a padlock attached that we have no key for! That's a bit of a bugger! The choices are a) Grab the angle grinder b) Find a friendly locksmith c) Leave it alone as we've got 2 spare wheels! We choose option c and head off to Bunnings for more carpet cleaner because we've run out!
It's Luke's (Anna's nephew) birthday party today, he's 6 on Tuesday, so we know we're having a break in the cleaning proceedings in the early part of the afternoon! It's at the Wombat Bend Playground - how cool! When we get there it's a proper children’s activity playground with swings, slides, bridges that you bounce on to make bell noises, it's great fun! We spend the first ten minutes flying around on the swings and we haven't even said hello to the birthday boy yet! Grant's already in charge of the BBQ and the family and friends have taken over a far size part of the picnic area! We catch up the James (who ate 6 sausages by the way!) & Peppa, Bill & Helen (who think we're crazy when we turn up in T-Shirts as everyone else is wrapped up warm!) and Jo a friend of Paula's whom we met a couple of years ago. Everyone's having a great time and a highly spirited version of Happy Birthday is sung for Luke at several different speeds! We had a lovely time, thanks very much for the invite Paula, Corey and Luke. Corey had a bit of a scrap with a swing whilst we were there which prompted a trip to hospital and unfortunately ended with a bit of a car prang but thankfully nobody was hurt and Corey is feeling much better already. It was all a bit of a drama but Bill, Helen, Corey and Paula still found the time to come and visit the van and send us on our way including us in their prayers. Much appreciated guys.
The caravan is starting to look like a proper little home now. The bedding brightens the place up and we're really looking forward to our first night away in it tomorrow. Smiles all round.
Daph and Bert came over tonight for a bit of pizza and a chill out. Bert had left Kim at home holding the fort of a previous gathering so he didn't stay too long but it was great to see him. Thanks to Daph for the pressies too - proper camping slippers, they'll come in handy as the weather gets chillier! We sit and watch the film Blood Diamond, it’s brilliant even though it does make uncomfortable watching at times but a 'must see' for any film buffs.
So, tomorrow is the day. We head off to Lakes Entrance and one of the Big 4 caravan parks there. The journey should take around 4 hours so we're hoping to be on the road by mid-day.
Here's to new adventures, the wind in your hair, the smell of the sea, sand between your toes and possums nicking your bread! Cheers everyone and we'll keep in touch through the blog. Thanks very much for all your messages and comments, we really do love to hear from you all and the postcards will start from tomorrow so stand by the mail box as well as the blog!
Take care, speak to you soon
Dar & Sar
x x



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Ouch, mind that swing Corey!Ouch, mind that swing Corey!
Ouch, mind that swing Corey!

Luckily he was a-ok after a quick trip to hospital for stitches


Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.1135s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb