Anyone for bacon & eggs?


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Box Hill North
May 3rd 2009
Published: May 4th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day 7 was all about recovery! At one stage only I (Sarah) and Amy were awake mid afternoon!! There were 'nana naps' going on all over the place! We were up reasonably early but there was no morning walk! Grant and Darryl went for shopping supplies; bacon, eggs, crunchy nut cornflakes etc etc. There's nothing like bacon and eggs to wipe away the heavy eyes of the night before!
After breakfast, which to be honest was more like lunch, the household crashed! Charlotte & Amy had been playing in the tent and building a new cubby house under the family room table, things had gone quiet and we realised Charlotte was fast asleep in the tent! That left Amy at liberty to start a new game of 'poofee racing' up at down the solid wood floors! Great fun!
More scouring of the internet during the day found 4 more vehicles for us to look at tomorrow. Toyota Prado ownership here we come! They're not cheap but they're apparently very reliable and should do the job of getting us, and then Mum & Dad K, around.
A slap up BBQ of pork & lamp chops with salad and creamy potatoes filled us for the evening's entertainment which was to slouch in front of the TV watching Slumdog Millionaire! That's a very thought provoking film although not sure it quite lived up to the hype that's surrounded it somehow. We did manage an evening walk prior to the film though, no possums tonight but we did see a huge owl - gorgeous.
Back home news - Well done to Edd who's make #1 qualifier at the Springspeed Nationals in Wild Bunch and Harry who's got the #3 spot in Super Street. We even caught Harry's run on the webcam!
It was great to catch up with Mum & Dad Howells tonight too, really impressed that you're reading the blog and leaving comments - that's great! We love getting the messages.
Sleep tight everyone,
Lots of love
Dar & Sar


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb