Groundhog Day!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Melbourne » Box Hill North
May 5th 2009
Published: May 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Days 8 & 9 have been full on car search days! The criterion is 4WD, mid size, diesel, 150'000 kms or less and no sales flannel required! We've been to Coburg to test drive a Prado - nice car but too much money so we moved onto Somerton where the right type of car, with the right type of fuel is available for the right type of money but something's not right despite the immediate declaration from the sales staff ‘I am very honest so I tell you everything!’ There's no service history and the sales gentleman says the car has been in a slight accident. Hmmm. That's a disappointment. We head home to source an Oz mobile number (which we now have) and mobile broadband (which we haven't got yet!). The evening is spent reading with Amy & Charlotte, playing with Henry and watching the final episode of 'Underbelly' an Oz drama which Victoria has been gripped by, especially the Adams household as it's centered around a true cop story from 20 years ago. With more searching on the internet for a vehicle we set ourselves up for Day 9 ...... which sees us heading off to Frankston and the multiple dealers and car yards it has to offer. We happen upon a Jeep Cherokee 2.5lt diesel which we test drive and rather like but the dealer won't budge on the driveaway price of $18'000. We're going back to Frankston on Thursday so we will revisit then and decide to head back over to Ringwood and it's 'Car City'. There are a good few companies all in the one area here so it's easy to walk around and there's plenty to see. This time we happen across a vehicle at the other end of the spectrum! A Toyota Surf with 214'000 kms on the clock but it's a drive away price of $9'000! We like the look of the car and the style but we haven't got time to test drive as we're collecting the girls from school today. We'll sleep on that one and go back if we don't think it's too dodgy and won't over heat on the first journey from the yard!! With the girls picked up from their lovely school it's back to the house where Grant cooks a fantastic meal of Italian casserole of Osso Bucco with cous cous and salad - Sarah did the salad!!! Charlotte had some homework tonight to find out information on deserts, while Amy needed to read another book - this time it was The Shape and Size of Things and was all about dinosaurs!
So, that's days 8 & 9 and still no car. Anna keeps saying that we don't need to rush and we know we're welcome to stay longer if we need to but we should be on the road by next Thursday heading off on our big adventure. It feels like the clock is starting to tick quite quickly but we refuse to panic or buy something we don't feel is right. Darn all those other people who want to own a Prado!!!
We're off again tomorrow to follow some leads in Thomasville, if nothing else we are getting to view plenty of the Melbourne suburbs!!
Thanks to the Coulsells for the pictures of Ozzy on facebook! Glad he's settling in so well!! lol
Take care love Dar & Sar


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0962s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb