Day 14 - Lakes Entrance


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Lakes Entrance
February 20th 2011
Published: February 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The SkipperThe SkipperThe Skipper

Lunch cruise to Metung
Gee two weeks on the road already, as the saying goes, "time flies when you are having fun"
Well we are, a relaxed sleep in, with plans afoot to take a "Lakes lunch tour".
The caravan park is quiet and even with a tent of young people with the mum & dad next door, we were not disturbed.
The weather was lovely to wake up to, and Karon did the washing while Rick drove to the ticket office to obtain the tickets for the boat tour, and of course as he passed the fishing trawlers that were selling fresh fish, and he added 500gms of fresh prawns to his return to pick up Karon.
Gee wonder what Karon will have for dinner tonight? (considering she doesn't like prawns)

We left the jetty on board at 11am, the tide was rushing through "the Lakes Entrance" from Bass strait.
It was a good commentary by one of the Grandson's of the founder of the tour boats back in 1920.
They certainly have kept a good business going and have achieved heaps over that time.
Intersting bird life and relaxed ride to the Metung hotel where we disembarked to wander through the small
View to the OceanView to the OceanView to the Ocean

Only Ocean Entrance to the Lakes System
village that consists of real estate and coffee shops and a couple of other business's.
Lunch included Flathead tails, chips & salad with a mini pavlova. quite yummy.
The plans to visit the 90 mile beach didn't happen because the dark clouds had a threat of rain, so we came home to get the washing in and do some office work, (yeah damn we bought the ability to pay the bills.) now all up to date and time for "wine o'clock".



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The Local wildlifeThe Local wildlife
The Local wildlife

Plenty of Black Swans with the Little Ones "tagging along"
The View during LunchThe View during Lunch
The View during Lunch

Over Looking the Lakes System from the Metung hotel dining room.
He is always so relaxedHe is always so relaxed
He is always so relaxed

In Front of the Lunch venue.


Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb