Day13


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Lakes Entrance
February 19th 2011
Published: February 19th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Lakes EntranceLakes EntranceLakes Entrance

Karon checking out the floating seafood place.
We left Mallacoota at around 930am with the rain drizzling as it had all night. The road into Mallacoota is reasonably snake like with the bends and also at times steep grades both up and down.
The Vans brakes are still giving us a challenge with grabbing hard, so will attempt get to the bottom of this problem.
We stopped at Cann River for fuel and a coffee. Handy to have both diesal and LPG at the same line of pumps.
Econmy with the LPG over diesal is good with the Van being towed, it is averaging around 17ltrs/100klm.
The last stretch to Lakes Entrance the weather cleared and the road was a comfortable one to tackle.
We diverted through Orbost, just so we could, and arrived in Lakes Entrance at around1pm.
Checked out the information centre and gathered heaps of "things to do" then checked into the caravan park just out of town. Good site and not noisy.
After settling in and a haircut for the Old Fella (the hairdresser is on call, how good is that!) we headed back into the town centre for a wander around.
We walked the full length of the town and back along the
Lakes Entrance MarinerLakes Entrance MarinerLakes Entrance Mariner

View from the floating Restaurant
jetty area where there are a couple floating restuarants and lots of trawlers with some selling fresh seafood and prawns. MMM might be worth checking out again.
Booked into the bowls club for dinner and relaxed for a couple of drinks before eating.
Weather warm and nice. plan a lunch cruise tomorrow.
All fun


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Lakes Entrance SculptureLakes Entrance Sculpture
Lakes Entrance Sculpture

Sand sculpture with amazing detail.


Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb