Inverloch May 2016


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Inverloch
May 28th 2016
Published: May 28th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Day 3 (25/5/2016)

Got up at 8:30am to go fishing. Again. And no fish. Again. Must have forgotten how to fish; perhaps I am getting dementia! So much for catching the meals instead of having to buy food.

Returned back to the van for bacon & eggs lunch.

With the cold & wet weather settling in we cooked dinner in the Camp Kitchen which boasts 2 fan forced ovens, 2 BBQ’s, 4 hotplates, 2 sinks, 2 fridge/freezers, TV & plenty of seating.

Cooked up a couple of nice country Rump Steaks & some boiled potatoes along with some Mushroom & Garlic sauce and a few alcoholic beverages!



Day 4 (26/5/2016)

Up for an early breakfast & then off on the road for the short trip to Leongatha. Pouring with rain that had settled in for the day, we took a walk around the town keeping under cover as much as we could. So glad I made Deb put in the heavy coats for this trip.

Hopped back in the car & headed down the road to Korumburra. Again it was pouring with rain & headed into the Austral Hotel for lunch. First thing I said when we got inside the Bistro was “well helllllooooo!” Fireplace going gave the huge room a nice toasty warmth. Had a nice menu to pick from as well as a $16 specials board.

First we shared half a dozen Oysters Kilpatrick, which had the nicest bacon I have tasted. Those downed, we turned to our Roast Pork & Chicken Schnitzel. Plates were cleaned up in no time. Absolutely delicious.

Headed off to Wonthaggi to pick up a couple of things, then back to Inverloch & put the heater on in the van. Warm as toast & giving the TV a workout for most of the afternoon, thoughts turned to dinner.

Decided on a pizza with the lot to share from Inlet Pizza & it did not disappoint! Deb & I both agreed this was the nicest pizza we had tasted in years.

Yet another long hot shower courtesy of our ensuite facilities, followed by bed.



Day 5 (27/5/2016)

Went to Inlet Seafoods mid morning to check out their offerings. Bought a couple of Squid Tubes & dropped them off back at the van. Disappeared back out again for a drive in the rain to Tarwin Lower & Venus Bay, checking out some of the views of a raging ocean & a peaceful inlet with just a kilometre between the two.

Drove back to the van & went fishing again. Fish caught to the left of me & fish caught to the right, with absolutely zero on my rod! Returned to the van & the heater again for a bit more TV, then put a couple of small trays of veggies into the oven in the Camp Kitchen & let them go for a while.

Put on two nice Pork butterly pieces to cook slowly, matching them up with the readiness of the veggies. Put them all in a dish for Deb to take back to the van while I quickly cooked the calamari we bought earlier. YUM!!!! Add to this dinner two small sourdough rolls in the oven & we had two very content tummies!



Day 6 (28/5/2016)

Awoke to the sound of teeming rain pelting down on top of the van. Had left the heater on all night since it was only 4C; would not have been surprised if it was colder than that. Had breakfast & the rain miraculously stopped so that we could dismantle the annexe without any worry of getting wet.

Packed everything up by 9:50 in time to be out by 10. Took our time heading back & stopped in at Tooradin for Devonshire Tea. Sat there for a short while in the warmth watching the black clouds looming & decided to get moving before the impending rain hit. Got 5 minutes down the road & down came the rain.

Arrived home about 12:15 & unpacked. Washing is now going & looking forward to a few drinks with tonights dinner.

Now all we need is for October to fast forward for the next adventure!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.1161s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb