The Msalato Kindergarten 'Porridge Fee'


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Hastings
May 9th 2013
Published: May 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Children at Msalato KindergartenChildren at Msalato KindergartenChildren at Msalato Kindergarten

They say God Bless you for the donations to the 'Porridge Fee'
The Msalato Kindergarten in Dodoma, Tanzania which we help with financial support has notified us that the rains required for this year's crops, March & April, did not arrive and so the crops have failed leaving most people reliant on what they can purchase from the merchants.

As in most countries, including Australia, this leads to an increase in food prices and in the Dodoma region this has seen a trebling of prices for maize & rice.

Our concern at the moment is for the 45 children who attend the kindergarten we support. Due to increase food prices parents make a choice, send the children to kindergarten or buy food for the family, of course the decision is clear. With the children not going to kindergarten they miss out on the daily "porridge' meal at the kindergarten and because the parents are not able to pay the 'Porridge Fee' the kindergarten has had to suspend the supply of porridge. This porridge is not like our porridge but is a mixture of maize and water.

THE PORRIDGE FEE

The cost of the 'Porridge Fee' is $3.20 per month per child so it costs the kindergarten $7.20 per day to provide this meal for the 45 children.

We have started a fundraising drive to provide the kindergarten with $1,700 which will provide the 45 children with a porridge meal every day for the next 12 months and hopefully things will have improved by then.

Advertisement



14th May 2013

re this
Hi, thanks for the lovely morning tea, good to catch with everyone in that relaxed way. Blog looks good and we look forward to following the Journey of Faith!! Seeya soon,love Pam. ps the muffins were excellent!
14th May 2013

A BIG THANK YOU
Hi Pam, yes morning tea was great and a BIG thank you to you and Alex for the donation to the 'Porridge Fee' appeal We are so blessed by God to have such great friends.

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0648s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb