no road kill on this trip!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Great Ocean Road
April 30th 2007
Published: April 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

no road kill on this trip!

 Australasia » Australia » Victoria » Great Ocean Road By shrimp
April 30th 2007 Me and Jade took a car for 3 days and drove the great ocean road which is one of the most scenic drives in oz according to the lonley planet. We went past bells beach where they have all the surf competitions. There are loads of stretches golden sand beaches with no one on them so it was really nice.

We stopped off at a lighthouse and went inside and also saw loads of wildlife along the way. We saw kangaroos, kualas and emus in the bush.

We drove to the 12 appostles which were amazing, we got there at sun set so made it even better.

Next we drove though the grampians which is a national park and on to ballarat where we spent the day at soverighn hill which is a recreation of the gold mining village years ago.

To finnish the trip we went to philip island to see the little penguins, these guys are really cool, they come in from sea at dusk and get into groups then come out of the water together and waddle up the beach to their burrows, we saw hundreds of them.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

kualakuala
kuala

this one wasnt in the wild, but there were loads in the trees in the woods
soverighn hillsoverighn hill
soverighn hill

remember when you were a kid and your school takes you to these places and makes you dress up??? well it was like that! (me and jade didnt get dresses up just the school kids)


21st May 2007

Emus
no way you met some Emus. Did they have pitch black hair across their face, write potey alot, cry and listen to My Chemical Romance?........actually hold a on sec.

Tot: 0.141s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0938s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb