i am mary poppins!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » New South Wales » Newcastle
May 2nd 2007
Published: May 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

up in the cavesup in the cavesup in the caves

after a scramble through the woods me laura and greg found some caves...the dogs came too (titch ans gyintie..sound like green tea)
Ok so i went wwoofing, this is basically staying on a farm working so your keep, you dont get paid but figured id be in the middle of nowhere so wouldnt be spending any money and would get to see the real australia aswell as learing how to herd cattle, go crazy with a chain saw and see some countryside.

Now you might all laugh but ive turned into mary poppins, ive been busy cleaning and preparing the cottages that are rented out for mini breaks, they are 4 star so everything has to be bloody perfect (mum, to your standards or folding towels with fancy chicolates on and things)

The last few day we have been gardening so ive been running round the farm with the lawn mower and industrial strimer and i look like something out of ghost busters!

Ive met some really nice people one was greg who is from france (mum thats the one you spoke to on the phone) hes been great very funny and a great chef ive been spoilt with home made profiteroles and other really nice cooking and have strangely started talking in a really comical french accent.
der de der der de der ghost bustersder de der der de der ghost bustersder de der der de der ghost busters

heres me looking the park with full striming gear on!

The girls that are here are laura from birmingham and kate from london, me and kate have been out riding today, i have been learning her a few things, im allowed to take the horses out on my own and the one i ride is absolutly fantastic, thers loads of trails through the woods and open countryside so im loving it.

And the hosts are eden and rebecca who re great people, extreamly nice with great conversation and they make me feel so welcome like one of their family. Theres Nick too hes the son who is downstairs outside playing his laptop decks so loud you can hear it all the way through the valley, it sounds like theres a rave going on outside and im sure ive just seen a kangaroo hop by with a glow stick....so im not being deprived of music in any way and he actually has some good stuff!

We have been out as a family to a few meals, get 2 days off a week and have helped in some sort of peter k quiz night, it mainly involved us drinking wine and eating the buffet and selling tombola tickets.

Every
kate and laurakate and laurakate and laura

these are my pals that i worked and drank alot of beer with!
morning i hear the cockatoos and you can see them flying in the 100's, theres wallabys too, one jumped in front of the car the other day scarred me to death the bugger! we went up the hillside to the caves the other day you can see great view accross the land.

Ok thats thats thats for now, its time for me to get another cider from the fridge. Im going to a cattle farm further up the coast next week, my camera is broke so ive not got many pictures im afraid.




Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

me and kateme and kate
me and kate

im not too sure what was cracking off there!!!im screaming at something
ah feeding a little lamb from a beer bottleah feeding a little lamb from a beer bottle
ah feeding a little lamb from a beer bottle

i am startign to feel very guilty of liking lamb chops....(i havent eaten any since this picture... i promice!!!
me washing xzename washing xzena
me washing xzena

this is the gorgeous thoroughbred i used to ride


Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0282s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb