Great Ocean Road


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Great Ocean Road
March 12th 2007
Published: March 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

This is the tour I went on from Adelaide to Melbourne along the Great Ocean Road. It was with Groovy Grape Tours and was amazing!! The first day we did lots and lots of driving, but overnight we stayed at the Grampians National Park. In the morning we did an hour hike and the views from the top along with the early morning mist were fantastic, there aren't any words to describe it.
Then we drove a bit more and finally made it to the Great Ocean Road, and saw some really super views. We spent the night right by the beach, although the sea was a bit too chilly to swim in! In the evening we went to see the Twelve Apostles (there are now only 9, they keep falling down!) at sunset, and although they didn't do anything special like change colour like Uluru did they still made some fantastic photos.
The next day we visited the Twelve Apostles again and this time I went up in a helicopter over them. It was out of this world. I've never been in a helicopter before, and we went up in a cute yellow one. The pilot briefed us before we went up, including telling us not to open the doors while in the air (as if we would!). As you can see from the photos the views take your breath away.
Arrving in Melbourne was great because I knew the next day Dad would be landing, and the whole city was buzzing from Formule 1 fever!



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0363s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb