Great Ocean Road


Advertisement
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Great Ocean Road » Torquay
January 15th 2007
Published: January 18th 2007
Edit Blog Post

G’day! Before I left the U.S., I was advised by nearly everyone who has visited Australia to “drive down the Great Ocean Road, it is amazing”—those people were 100% correct, it is absolutely amazing! The Great Ocean Road has been chosen (by multiple travel magazines) as the greatest scenic drive in the world. The Road stretches along the southern-most part of Victoria, Australia. The R... Read Full Entry



Photos are below
Photos: 38, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Sunset at Port CampbellSunset at Port Campbell
Sunset at Port Campbell

I camped at Port Campbell on Saturday night.
Campground PartyCampground Party
Campground Party

As we were consuming at the campsite, my drinking concentration was interrupted by the familiar sounds of the "Chicken Dance" song. You know, da na na na na na na X 3, clap, clap, clap, clap....I decided to seek out these kicking tunes and happened upon Chris's 50th Birthday Party! This Australian family welcomed me and my campmates to the party with open arms.
London BridgeLondon Bridge
London Bridge

This is the remnants of "London Bridge". The missing section fell down 17 years to the day (Jan. 14th) when this picute was taken. The other bridge part will also fall in time as water and wind continue to erode the rock base.
The Grotto....The Grotto....
The Grotto....

....no Chubby, not at the Playboy Mansion.
Mickie!!Mickie!!
Mickie!!

Here is my tent-mate....his English is not very good--he has only been in Australia for 2 months--but he is learning and practicing. Very cool dude.



18th January 2007

Andy, Love the pictures and the narrative. Sounds like you are having a blast! oh I mean studying hard. Have a wonderful time. Love you.
19th January 2007

Ok, I'm all caught up on reading you blogs (just started tonight). The pictures are great, and its seems that you have put in a good amount of effort writting about your adventures, but I don't believe for one second that you did anything but copy and paste all that crap about Australian government. Looked nice though. Maybe that will be a Club Crainium question some day. Keep up it! Husmann PS I cried when Keanu died in Point Break. It was just so emotional.
20th January 2007

pics
these are awesome pics, dude. i'm totally jealous. why are those called the twelve apostles?

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0166s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb