Races at Flemington


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Flemington
September 4th 2005
Published: November 9th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Welcome to Flemington.Welcome to Flemington.Welcome to Flemington.

Flags along the roads leading the the racecourse.
Sometimes in my line of work, I get perks such as invitations to special events around town. One such event was the Girls Day Out at Flemington Racecourse. This is also where the Melbourne Cup race is held every November. To give you an idea of how big horse-racing is here, Melbourne Cup Day is a public holiday in Melbourne.

My complimentary invite was to the final of a model search competition going on at one of the sponsors' marquee. Lil came along. Every girls dream to be surrounded by tall skinny models. I reasoned that maybe the free bubbly will get me tipsy enough to forget about my self-esteem...

The emcee gave introductions to each contestant, told us what their ambitions were. We had the typical "She wants to be a supermodel". Having worked with both male and female models, my preference is always the males - simply because they don't take things as seriously as the female ones do.

Example: while all the female contestants were saying they wanted to be supermodels, one of the male contestants said he wanted to be bigger than Derek Zoolander and proceeded to give us his best 'Blue Steel' look.
Chauffeur-driven.Chauffeur-driven.Chauffeur-driven.

Our mode of transport to the Nivea Visage Marquee.
I love it when they take a piss out of themselves. It's modelling, for crying out loud, not rocket science.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Strut your stuff.Strut your stuff.
Strut your stuff.

One of the hopefuls.
Winning smiles.Winning smiles.
Winning smiles.

The winners headed to Milan.
Girls' Day.Girls' Day.
Girls' Day.

Lil & I beside the mounting yard.
Gift bag.Gift bag.
Gift bag.

The freebies from Nivea.


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.029s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb