Look who's 60 today!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Box Hill
April 5th 2010
Published: April 27th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 345 - Box Hill Resort

My beautiful Mum is 60 today. Happy Birthday Mum. We’re very sorry to be missing such a fabulous birthday but we’ll make up for it when we get home. Enjoy your day at Twycross!

I woke up this morning feeling a little bit under the weather, infact I felt lousy. I was pretty sure it wasn’t the effects of alcohol, I don’t think they start when you’ve still got a drink in your hand. Grant was having a worse five minutes though, he’d lost his wallet and despite searching the house ‘from top to bottom’ we couldn’t find it anywhere. After about an hour it was time to retrace his steps and it was eventually uncovered in the girls bed which is where he’d stolen a quick cat nap this morning!

We joined everyone else in the family room just so we could all sit around and yawn together! We are due to head back to Mansfield today but there’s no way I’m up to that, all I’m good for is going back to bed and trying to warm up which is odd in itself because it’s 27 degrees outside!

Darryl wasn’t showing any after effects at all but he opted out of going to the footie match with Grant, instead he watched the game in the man hole on the TV.

The girls didn’t want to do anything much either and Anna was happy to relax too so we pretty much subjected ourselves to 12 hours of non-stop Hannah Montana - Sweet Niblets indeed!

Thankfully when the clock struck 5pm I sprang back into life and felt instantly better, the aches and the shivers had gone. How very strange.

We rang Mum to wish her a very happy 60th Birthday. She is celebrating by going to Twycross Zoo today so we’ll look forward to seeing the photos soon.

Grant and Darryl rustled up Souvalaki for dinner, it’s one of the favourite meals and very tasty.

There was nothing else for us to do except eat chocolate and get an early night. I wouldn’t say it had been a wasted day but it was probably one of our less productive efforts!

Dar and Sar



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb