Not long now.....


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Victoria » Bacchus Marsh
September 11th 2016
Published: September 11th 2016
Edit Blog Post

With barely a week until we leave, planning is complete, if not comprehensive. Due to the unreliability of flight arrival times, locking in times and purchasing train tickets to St Jean Pied de Port could be costly and a waste of time. We will wing it.

We will now arrive in Paris at 7.55am on the 18th, hopefully , and stay overnight near the Montparnasse Station. Tickets will be bought for the trip south the next day. The afternoon will hopefully be spent sampling the local cuisine, wth a bit of sightseeing along the banks of the Seine to round it off.

John arrives Friday morning and we will finalise our plans and packing so that Saturday is trouble free. An issue with plantar fasciitis on the left foot reared its ugly head two weeks ago but hopefully physio treatment has minimised its symptoms and I can nurse it through without too many problems. Bring on the ibuprofen !

Fingers crossed we will start walking across the Pyrennes on the 20th of September , with the pressure off for the next 43 days. Will miss lots of people, but someone's got to do it! Until next time, adios.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

The starting line.The starting line.
The starting line.

St Jean Pied de Port
The CaminoThe Camino
The Camino

The route we walk.
The Holy GrailThe Holy Grail
The Holy Grail

Finisterre - the End.....or the beginning .


11th September 2016

Not long now.....
Hi Steve, Looking forward to your blogs and following your trip. Stay safe and enjoy.
12th September 2016

Thanks Tracey
15th September 2016

Wow. Again already!!
Hi Steve. It's just you this time? Have a safe and happy journey. Looking forward to your blogs again. All the best love Greg and Liz X
15th September 2016

This time I'm going with a friend from Qld. Sue couldn't be enlisted this time. It will be different this time; all the way to the sea. Thanks for the wishes, we'll see how it goes.

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb