Bruny Bird Festival


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania
October 20th 2016
Published: April 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

This event is a favorite of ours even if Bruny has become somewhat overrun with tourists in recent times.

The 2016 event ran for four days commencing on Friday and finishing up on the Monday.

For the previous event we had stayed at Adventure Bay, but now we had the bus we could stay wherever we wanted....

The first night we stayed at the Captain Cook Caravan Park and after that we had planned to stay at the campground at the Neck. Unfortunately, the weather turned sour on the weekend and we stayed one night up near Dennes Point rather than try and drive back to the Neck in the pouring rain.

The bird events were excellent, as usual, and we met various interesting birds (and people) as we toured around the island (on land and on water).

Highlights were many and included the Pelagic Trip (Pelagic means open sea) where we were lucky enough to see Australian Gannets, some Albatrosses and dolphins swimming next to the boat, and getting to hear about (and see) some Swift Parrots.

It appears that we may miss the next Bird Festival (held every two years) but we can certainly recommend it to anybody who enjoys the outdoors, birds or meeting people.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 64; dbt: 0.0735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb