The Sun is Shining on us Today


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania
November 6th 2014
Published: November 6th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We have just had four days of cold wind and it is such a relief to have the sun out again. There has been three yachts in and about for a few days which was nice and we spent a bit of time with one crew of a yacht that has sat out the blow in East Cove quite comfortably which is unusual with the Westerly/Sou' Westerly gales we have experienced. Strait Lady arrived last night with the Friends of Deal Island aboard and they are to be here for the next two weeks. James had a bit of a kip then headed back to Flinders some time in the night. Even though the weather has been pretty ordinary we have still been able to get out and find somewhere to explore and have seen quite a few places we haven't seen on previous trips. The baby Roos are starting to appear on their own around the place now and they definitely look too little to be out fending for themselves even though mum is still loitering around them and some of the Does look to be carrying another joey already. Our resident goslings are growing fast too and are now nearly as big as the adults but still quite awkward. The fights between the adults are getting a bit more frequent as I guess they need more room to graze as the young get bigger. Oh nature gotta love it don't you. We are doing some work on the airstrip now to make it a bit wider in case it is ever needed in an emergency so I must off and give Spud a hand.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb