Long time no talk!


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania
October 14th 2014
Published: October 14th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Winter CoveWinter CoveWinter Cove

Through the trees at the top to Winter Cove
Hello again. What a few weeks of awful weather we have had. Still we managed to get our mandatory walks in and have seen some lovely things. Sunday before last we walked down what we call Eden Gully which is the creek that runs down from the hills behind Old Squally track to Winter Cove and followed the creek till the little creek that comes down from Centre Hill and then followed that up to the top. What an amazing walk that was. There were lots of orchids and tall ferns in the first gully and then just a nice gentle walk up under the She-oaks to the top. Then this sunday we walked up the hill on the south side of Winter Cove and that was a hard slog up the hill to the rock line then an even tougher bush-bash up to the top. We couldn't see Flinders from up there because of the clouds and sea haze but the view was just as amazing as always. The walk down was good till we got to the bottom of the steep track going up from Winter Cove. My legs were wrecked before I even started but eventually (20 minutes)
Eden GullyEden GullyEden Gully

Ferns as tall as me in Eden Gully
I made it to the round about at the top. We have had some lovely feathered visitors this week with three Orange bellied parrots calling through yesterday (took off before we could photograph them) and then one homing pigeon landed late yesterday afternoon with two more arriving today. Now thank goodness we have a bit of sunshine.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Winter CoveWinter Cove
Winter Cove

The whole bay from up the top


Tot: 0.126s; Tpl: 0.04s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb