15 November 2012


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania
November 15th 2012
Published: November 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we set out on a loop around the surrounding areas heading south. First stop was Kettering where we got out for the view over the marina looking out to Bruny Island. We then continued on the route that had us looking out over Great Bay and stopped at Trial Bay for morning tea and to get a few snaps of the stunning views.

From there we looped around a small peninsula and headed north where we stopped at Cygnet in the Huon Valley. More of a village than a town, Cygnet was a nice spot to stop and stroll around perusing the local book stores and enjoying a coffee as the weather went pear shaped. We stopped at Huonville before returning to Snug and freshening up prior to driving to Hobart to meet the people we are house sitting for as of Saturday.

The benefits of living in a state the size of Tasmania is that getting around is quick and easy. From the tiny coastal town of Snug we had driven through Hobart in peak hour and reached our destination in Lenah Valley at the foothills of Mount Wellington. The owners were really friendly, the house lovely and the dog looks to be pretty easy going so we are looking forward to getting back into a normal routine for a week or so.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0354s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb