Kingston, Tasmania


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania
January 8th 2011
Published: February 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

7 January 2011

After our first (failed) attempt at getting our home and family over to Bruny Island, we ended up in a hotel at Kingston. What a crappy day- car broke down in the queue for the car ferry, spent five hours on the side of the road in the stinking hot heat trying to entertain two young kids, roadside assistance couldnt help, tow truck finally turned up with no hitch to accommodate the trailer as well as the car, no seating to carry the boys and the driver with the biggest chip on his shoulder he could have fed an army. The day was becoming more bleak... Past 4pm on a Friday and if we didn't get the car to the auto electrician before 5pm we could be stranded until Monday. So we had to leave the trailer while Alex and the attitude towed the car back up the coast, the boys and I to follow soon after in a taxi. Got to the auto electricians at a few minutes to five, unload all of our bags from the taxi and then what happens? It starts peeing down on us and all our bags (no shelter in the vicinity!). The electricians eventually grabbed a bit of canvas to throw over our luggage and worked their magic on the car. The NRMA put us up in a hotel in Kingston which brought yet another accidental meeting with Em and Benny. Unbeknown to us, they were travelling past Kingston on their way north so stopped in for pizza and beers. We didn't know at the time but it was to be our last shindig with our travel mates..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb