Cygnet, Tasmania


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Cygnet
January 7th 2011
Published: February 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

5 - 6 January 2011

The town of Cygnet proved to be a buzzing little hub used by fruit pickers, grey nomads and other travellers alike as a central spot to base themselves while exploring surrounding areas. There is much to see and do around Cygnet and we found the town to be a cute quaint one full of interesting characters.

We spent a day trekking as far south in Tasmania as the road takes you. Location: Cockle Creek, accessible by a long stretch of dirt road. The further south you go, the more beautiful it becomes. Over gorgeous rivers, through lush bush and then the land opens up to Cockle Creek which is on the south side of Recherche Bay. We had a perfect hot sunny day and took a short walk to the Whale Sculpture and then headed for the beach. Grateful that we had the opportunity (thanks to the weather) to swim at the southern most point of Tassie (accessible by car anyway) particularly when the weather patterns are so erratic and pretty much every day lends itself to four seasons.

Cockle Creek brought yet another random meeting with Benny and Em who we accidentally bumped into on the beach. Was great to catch up on the last few days and swap stories since we last saw each other.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb