Mill Creek, Fortescue Bay, Tasman Peninsula


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania » Tasman Peninsula
January 5th 2011
Published: February 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

4 January 2011

In need of some redneck bogan contact, we decided to camp out at Fortescue Bay. Unfortunately there were no sites big enough for us so we got lumped with the ferrals. Or maybe they just looked at us and decided that was where we belong...

The bay itself was nice but the camp ground wasn't great & we were shocked (not to mention disgusted) about the rubbish people had left and all the broken glass. The tent looked like a dog's breakfast- not easy setting up on a small rocky slope!

From here we took in the local sites the Tasman Arch & Blowhole and the Devils Kitchen. The coastline on the eastern side of the Tasman Peninsula is very rugged and the texture of the rocky cliffs is pretty extraordinary. Much of this coastline is accessible only via walking tracks so we were unable to explore as much as we would have liked.

The drive down to Fortescue Bay was probably the hardest on the car in terms of the corrugations but it twisted through stunning forest (Tasman National Park) which provided lovely scenery.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0584s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb