Tasmania (January, 2022).


Advertisement
Australia's flag
Oceania » Australia » Tasmania
January 30th 2022
Published: January 30th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone.

After two years of basically going nowhere from Melbourne, we managed four weeks in Tasmania this January, 2022.

I thought about writing a travel blog, but did not bother in the end. I certainly had enough material, with the things we did, people we met, funny situations and Ross's usual ascerbic wit. Anyway, we put my car on the Spirit of Tasmania and arrived in Devenport on December 30. We then spent new year's eve in Launceston, then travelled clockwise around the island. We covered Tamar Valley (wine), Bay of Fires, Bicheno, Freycinet National Park, Maria Island, Port Arthur and Tasman Peninsula, Hobart, Bruny Island, Mt Field National Park, Strahan, Stanley in the north West, Cradle Mountain, and then Loongana (Tasmanian devils and tiger quolls in the wild). For me, it was animal paradise, with great up-close views of echinda, platypus, wombats, devils, quolls, et al. Great food along the way (esp. the seafood).

For anyone interested, here is the link to my photos: https://flic.kr/s/aHsjpziKvn

Craig.

Advertisement



30th January 2022

Loved the Tasmania photos!
Hi Craig, glad to see that you & Ross have been on your travels again. What fantastic photos, we had no idea how beautiful Tasmania is, we're kicking ourselves for not considering it as a holiday destination. Sadly a bit late in the day for us now (age & health catching up with us) I think my favourite part was Bruny Island, also loved Russell Falls, loved the giant ferns, looked like you had travelled back to the Jurassic age. Another thing was the abundance & variety of wildlife you saw, just amazing. Thank you such much for sharing this with us. We look forward to seeing more of your travels. Hope 2022 will be a good year for you both.

Tot: 0.39s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 20; qc: 87; dbt: 0.095s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb